Rules & Regulations of The Official Miss Gay Indiana Pageants
A message from the promoter: While we fully support bearded entertainers, that is just not the aesthetic we are looking for. Other than interview, Great Lakes Productions will not allow any Miss contestant to compete on stage with facial hair. Contestants must be clean shaven.
- Contestants must be male, have reached the age of 21, and been a resident of Indiana for at least six (6) months prior to the date of the pageant. POSITIVE PROOF MUST be provided to the promoter.
- Entry by a contestant who is currently in open criminal proceedings or is currently on probation or in retribution for a crime will be denied. A contestant who has successfully completed probation, or whose criminal case is dismissed, will be eligible to enter. Any contestant found to be untruthful about their criminal status will be permanently removed from eligibility within the system.
- A judge and a contestant may not be intimate in any setting during the pageant. If the rule is broken both the judge and the contestant will be immediately disqualified. Professional interactions only will be permitted between a judge and a contestant during the pageant.
- Judging will be on a total point accumulated system. Score sheets will be furnished by Great Lakes Productions. Ties for the winner, 1st, and 2nd alternate will be broken by answering of on-stage questions by the persons involved.
- Contestants will be judged in the following categories: Interview, Evening Gown, Solo Talent, & Talent. Some preliminaries may choose to eliminate solo talent, but contestants should note that this category will be included at Miss Gay Indiana.
- The use or dispensing of any illegal drug is forbidden. Immediate disqualification will result for those who break this rule. Contestants are responsible for their helpers and dancers.
- Talent presentation will be limited to seven (7) minutes 0 seconds. Prop set-up time will be limited to three (3) minutes 0 seconds. Prop set-up time is not included in the seven (7) minute limit for talent. You WILL be timed on set-up, take down, and talent time. If you exceed your talent presentation time, you will receive a score of ZERO (0), if you exceed any prop time, administrative points will be issued.
- Any type of presentation is acceptable except those presentations that might cause injury to the audience or to other contestants. The use of water, glitter, knives or pyrotechnics is prohibited.
- Any contestant caught in the act of stealing will be immediately disqualified and removed from the location of the pageant.
- Any contestant whose actions are interpreted as demeaning to their title will be disqualified.
- The title of Miss Gay Indiana is in respect of the classic art of female impersonation. Further, this system promotes the use of time-honored traditions for the male-to-female stage transformation that do not include physical alterations to the body. During the reign of Miss Gay Indiana the use of hormones, breast implants, cosmetic or other body enhancing implants, silicone or other similar type product is prohibited unless under the care of a qualified, licensed clinician.
- All contestants must abide by the standards of conduct for contestants and title holders, as follows:
- Title holders must present themselves in a professional manner at all times, while representing their respective titles.
- Must never demean the pageant or the title they represent.
- Must never cause substantial problems for their promoter or for those with whom they perform.
- Should never become overly intoxicated while representing their respective titles.
- Should never participate in any type of argument, except as mediator, while representing their title.
- Miss Gay Indiana cannot wear any other crown other than the Official MGI endorsed crown during their reign while representing the crown’s title. Miss Gay Indiana will not be permitted to compete in any other contest or pageant during their reign, unless the preliminary or regional contest or pageant was won prior to the Miss Gay Indiana pageant, to which the reigning titleholder will be permitted to compete for that systems state or national title. The promoter and Great Lakes Productions will need to be made aware of this prior to Miss Gay Indiana.
- Title holders should try and rectify any problems that they may have with their promoter and/or co-performers in a peaceful manner and in good fashion. Problems can be mediated through Great Lakes Productions. All complaints must be documented in written form.
- Never lecture the audience, only provide quality entertainment.
- During the Miss Gay Indiana Pageant contestants are not allowed to leave the stage once talent or solo talent category has begun. A contestant may enter the stage from the audience if necessary; however, the contestant and back up dancers will not be able to step off the stage. This may not be possible in some venues, and will be allowed at the promoter’s discretion.
- All title holders will be required to maintain a professional public appearance during their reign for the Miss Gay Indiana preliminaries. Professional appearance includes no nude or provocative wardrobes while performing, nude or baring photos placed on public websites for the general public, or inappropriate behavior unbecoming of Miss Gay Indiana.
- Any contestant that is not at an appointed place at an appointed time will be given administrative violation points. Punctuality is of the utmost importance. NO EXCUSES will be accepted for being late to any function. At Miss Gay Indiana, administrative scores will be totaled upon evening roll call on the Final night. These administrative scores could result in not qualifying for the Finals.
- The contestants will compete in Interview in the afternoon. That evening all the contestants will compete in Talent, Evening Gown, and Solo Talent. The Opening Production (if any) will be determined by the preliminary promoter. Your attire for the opening production should reflect the opening production theme. A GOWN of your choice must be worn for the crowning ceremony.
- All contestants must report to registration at the time designated by the promoter, with your Solo Talent & Talent music for registration & rehearsal. Each venue will have their own preferences as to what format they would like the music on. MP3’s on flash drives or CD-R’s, etc.
- The Winner & 1st alternate from the Official Miss Gay Indiana preliminary pageants will have had their entry fees to the Miss Gay Indiana Pageant already paid.
- All entry forms, information sheets, and description/questionnaire sheets must be typed and fully completed at the beginning of registration. Computer generated forms are acceptable as long as the same amount of space is used, and it’s in the same order. No additional pages. To help with administration, please print only 1 page to each sheet of paper. Do not print 2 sides. Do not laminate.
- Administrative Point deductions are made as a result of an infraction of these rules and regulations. They will be made in twenty five (25) point increments, not to exceed one hundred (100) points in total.
- At the end of the pageant, after pictures are taken, the winner will perform again. They will be allowed to accept tips during this number. For the crowning ceremony you will be in an evening gown, so the number should be a ballad. Feel free to have a couple of songs here.
- The Winner & 1st alternate must represent their preliminary pageant in the state competition. Failure to do so will result in the loss of their title and all prizes and money awarded to them and entry fees paid on their behalf, and will result in the banning of the contestant from all preliminary competitions for the next year.
- Prop space is limited and must fit through a standard door.
- Entry Fee is determined by the promoter.
- The winner will receive a preliminary crown, as well as monies and other prizes as determined by the individual promoters. 1st Alternates will also be awarded prizes as determined by the promoter. The prize package for the winner of Miss Gay Indiana include: crown, sash, plaque, a dozen roses, and $250 the night of the contest, $250 at their step down, $150 upon completion of a benefit (*), and $125 performance fee from each Miss Gay Indiana preliminary. The 1st Alternate will be awarded a plaque, flowers and $150; while the 2nd Alternate will receive a plaque and flowers.
(*) As part of the winner’s obligations, during their reign, are required to organize a benefit for a charity of their choice.
Contact us if you have any questions!